From 3D on the Web to VR
Creating 3D and VR experiences sound extremely daunting. Where does one start? What are the available tools and frameworks? What technologies do I need to learn? This talk will walk through a bit of history and basics of 3D programming, the different options out there, and the different things you can start doing today to build your own 3D and VR application.
- A little bit about GL and why it’s difficult.
- WebGL, the web standard for 3D programming in a browser.
- Libraries, framework, and tools to use WebGL.
- Ways to generate content in 3D, either by coding or modeling, what different types of tools are good for.
- How to transition from 3D to VR.